Visit Thursday Thirteen for more participants.
I am not really a huge fan of the show "60 Minutes." But sometimes I catch the end of it. I get a kick out of Andy Rooney. I love his little observations.
Here are 13 quotes by Andy Rooney. (I can hear him saying these in his funny voice)
1. Anyone who watches golf on television would enjoy watching the grass grow on the greens.
2. Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done.
3. Computers may save time but they sure waste a lot of paper. About 98 percent of everything printed out by a computer is garbage that no one ever reads.
4. I didn't get old on purpose, it just happened. If you're lucky, it could happen to you.
5. Making duplicate copies and computer printouts of things no one wanted even one of in the first place is giving America a new sense of purpose.
6. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
7. Vegetarian - that's an old Indian word meaning lousy hunter.
8. I'd like to be rich enough so I could throw soap away after the letters are worn off
9. If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
10. Happiness depends more on how life strikes you than on what happens.
11. Elephants and grandchildren never forget.
12. People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe.
13. The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
Source: Brainy Quote