Our final book this week is "The Queen's New Year Secret ," by Maisey Yates.
Here's some fun topics from the author:
Bon Appétit and a Book
Well, I was going to bake something lovely so that I could offer up a nice photo and recipe to share with you all. (I promise I was! And you can’t prove it if I wasn’t…) But yesterday, the power went out for 14 hours! Yes, an unexpected snow storm (the likes of which the east coast would laugh at) was too much for the power lines in Southern Oregon and 25K people ended up with no electricity, including us. So I couldn’t bake. But, I will share a few things I learned with you: Costco macaroni and cheese heats up nicely on a camp stove. So does apple cider and mulled wine, which you can also handily keep warm on the woodstove! So here is my Lights Out, Desperation Hot Drink Recipe for you. Non-Alcoholic: Apple Juice 2 Cinnamon sticks Whole Cloves Nutmeg Alcoholic: Red Wine 2 Cinnamon Whole Cloves Nutmeg Heat up on your trusty camp stove (don’t catch a chill standing out in the snow!) then move them in and set the pans on your wood stove. It makes your house smell nice and it’s a great way to keep warm if you end up with no heat!
Q&A with Maisey Yates
- What inspired you to explore the subject or theme of your book? I’ve never written a book about a married couple before, and I was really inspired to explore the marriage of convenience that didn’t turn to love quite as quickly as you often see in romance novels. Five years in, and Kairos and Tabitha have a lot of unexplored feelings and a LOT of anger.
- What punctuation mark best describes your personality?
Why? Is an emoji considered punctuation these days? Because that opens up a lot more possibilities.
- Who is your favorite literary villain and why?
I’m going with Conrad from Make You Mine by Jackie Ashenden. Trust me on that.
- You're hosting a dinner party, which five authors (dead or alive) would you invite?
Well, I would have to say I’d invite Jackie Ashenden, Nicole Helm, Megan Crane and Jane Porter because that just sounds fun. We would get thrown out of the restaurant though.
- What is your favorite part of the day?
I’m starting to enjoy weekday mornings. We get the kids up and out to school and then it’s just quiet time. Coffee, candles, and some time to get oriented to the day.
You Can purchase The Queen's New Year Secret (Princes of Petras) at Amazon
Enter below. One US winner will win paperback copy of this book
*joining blog tour - no compensation given * may contain affiliate links