Aging is one of the biggest fears in our culture. Fortunately, science has identified many of the factors that lead to aging, which allows people to mitigate the impacts. There are a number of things that you can do to stay looking young for a long time. Caffeine appears to be a leading cause of aging, so you should learn how to reverse the effects if you drink coffee, soft drinks or other caffeinated beverages on a regular basis.
How Can You Stay Looking Young Longer?
Dr. Meri Rafetto wrote a report in 2004 on the factors that play a role in the aging process. He concluded that aging had little to do with the chronological process, so people can take a number of steps to slow its progression. Here are some things Rafetto and other experts recommend.
The role of caffeine in the aging process is not as well understood as many people believe, but there are still some pretty compelling reasons to consider reducing consumption. Here are some reasons to consider
- Caffeine does include a number of free radicals, which will probably lead to skin damage if consumed in excess.
- Caffeine also dehydrates the body, which can cause people to wrinkle easily if they don’t consume sufficient amounts of water.
- Caffeine is a nervous system stimulant, which can make people more susceptible to stress, which can cause your body to produce higher levels of cortisol, which is a leading cause of aging.
Scientists are still trying to determine the impact of caffeine, but it is pretty clear that there is a strong correlation between consumption and aging. You will need to be aware of the risks it poses and take steps to mitigate them. Here are some things to consider:
- Try to reduce consumption, especially if you are feeling highly stressed after drinking coffee.
- Always make sure that you drink plenty of water. The general rule of thumb is that you should drink eight glasses of water a day. You may need to drink more water if you consume caffeine to counteract the effects of dehydration.