I recently received some Seventh Generation products from MyBlogSpark, to review and offer in a giveaway.With kids going back to school soon, it may be the time to start thinking about certain things. Backpacks and pencils are important, but all the germs kids pick up in school is something you may want to think about. That is why Seventh Generation is providing tips from best selling author and pediatrician Dr. Alan Greene. Here are some suggestions from Dr. Alan Greene:
Optimize the immune system
- Reap the benefits of probiotics like those found in yogurt. A recent study showed that children who received enough probiotics daily throughout the cold and flu season had a significant reduction in the number of illnesses they had and, when they did get sick, the symptoms were both milder and didn't last as long.
- Be sure your child is getting plenty of vitamin D from the sun, from food, or from a supplement.
- Build a strong foundation. Good food, good sleep, and good physical activity all help the immune system to flourish.
- Teach children the key times to clean their hands in the classroom. The most important times include after sneezing, coughing or using the restroom, upon leaving "high-risk" places (recess, naptime, play stations) and before meals or snacks.
- Sixty percent of teachers surveyed said that they request that parents donate disinfecting wipes to the classroom. Seventh Generation´s disinfecting wipes kill 99.99% of germs* naturally using the active ingredient thyme, a component of thyme oil which is derived from the herb thyme.
- Stress the importance of not touching their eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Demonstrate to your children how to cover their mouth and nose for every cough and sneeze. This simple maneuver has spectacular results in decreasing the spread of viruses and bacteria floating about the room, waiting to be inhaled.
I was excited to try out these products. I cleaned my bathroom with some of them. I really liked the smell of the multi-surface cleaner and disinfecting wipes. It is lemongrass & thyme. It reminded me of my garden when I grew some thyme.
Mandatory Entry: YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED! Please tell me a way you keep your household clean during the school year.
1. Follow my blog on Goggle Friend Connect (publicly) (1 entry)
2. Follow me on Twitter & tweet this giveaway (use retweet button above if you like) (1 entry)
3. Daily entries: tweet giveaway
4."Like" STAY AT HOME MOM on Facebook (1 entry)
5. Follow STAY AT Home Mom on Networked Blogs - (1 entry)
6. "Grab my Button" and post it on your blog (2 entries)
7. Join my Blog Frog Community - 2 entries (contribute and you get 3 entries) 1x per giveaway
8. For 5 extra entries blog about this giveaway, linking back to this post.
1. "Like" Seventh Generation on Facebook (1 entry)
2. Follow Seventh Generation on Twitter (1 entry)
RULES: Giveaway is open to US Residents only. Giveaway ends August 20, 2010 11:59 PM EST. Winner will be chosen via Random.org. Must have valid email in blog profile or leave email in comments otherwise you will be disqualified. Winner will have 72 hrs. to confirm by email, If no confirmation in that time frame a new winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: I received the product, information, and prize packs from Seventh Generation through MyBlogSpark..